Wednesday, November 30, 2011

River + Mud = *sigh*

We're just getting to know each other, so let's fall back on a classic staple of idle conversation: the weather.

It's been a lovely November here in Western New York. Thanksgiving weekend, it was great--temps in the high 40s-50s, no rain, just nice weather. The day we went to look at River it got up to 60! River comes home and within 5 minutes the rain starts. Now we're back to 30s/40s and RAIN. Why is that? Mother Nature, what is your problem? I can't have a few days of decent weather to enjoy my new horse?

River, however, thinks the mud is just dandy. Well of course, he's a boy, he likes mud. I curried off a couple pounds of mud last night. I suppose if I'd left it, I could have started a garden on him. [On a completely different note, when I was little my Grandma had a book about this girl who refused to take a bath. She got so dirty that her parents stuck radish seeds on her and they started to grow. In the end, she takes a bath and they eat the radishes.]

Anyway, back to River... I outsmarted him this time. He can try to get filthy all he wants, but he won't succeed.

Ha ha! I'm not sure purple is his color. I was thinking maybe pink because I'm mean and it's fun to embarrass him ;).

I played My Little Pony with him last night... his mane is a nightmare. It desperately needs pulling, and I desperately don't want to do it. It's going to be a very long job.

No comments:

Post a Comment