Monday, February 17, 2014

More questions.

Stolen from Simply Horse Crazy

1. What is your favorite breed/s of horse, and if you could purchase a new horse what breed would it be?
Thoroughbred!  Love love love Thoroughbreds.  I don't think we even need most of the breeds out there, Thoroughbreds can do it all and do it better.  (This is equal parts sincere and joking.  I do think Thoroughbreds are the best, but I know they can't really do everything.)

2. What is your favorite personal tack item?
My saddle.  Love it.

 3. Horse products you swear by?
Tomorrow Dry Cow for thrush, Venice turpentine for toughening up soles, DEET for keeping bugs away, Rambo blankets

 4. Rider products or items you swear by?
My Charles Owen JR8 is the most comfortable helmet in the world.  Unfortunately I'm poor, so that's saved for shows, and my every day helmet is a Tipperary Sportage, but if I could afford to throw away a CO after a few rides if I fell, I'd ride in them exclusively.  I also love my Bow Balance stirrups, especially now that I'm not too sound.

 5. Favorite tack catalogs to shop from?
I don't really shop much lately due to a combination of having everything and having no money.  Lately I've been asking the feed store if they can order things for me.  Otherwise, SmartPak or Victory Canter, although I haven't ordered much in a while.

 6. Is your home decorated "horsey", as in western or equestrian-themed?
Nope.  I think a lot of horsey decorations are pretty cheesy.  I do have framed pictures in my room, and eventually I'm going to finish up a shadowbox for my Dearly Departed Gelding and hang that up.

 7. Do you wear horse, Western, or equestrian-themed jewelry?
No... I have nothing against it, I just don't wear much jewelry at all.  If I do wear jewelry, it's something I made myself.

8. A style of riding you'd like to try sometime?
I don't know....  I love my regular old English hunter/jumper/dressage/eventing wannabe riding.  I'd like to at least attempt sidesaddle, even if for 10 minutes, just to try to figure out how on earth it's possible!

 9. Biggest lesson you've learned about horses?
They'll grab your heart and never let go.

  10. Is your significant other a rider too?
No significant other, so not applicable. 

 11. What horse issues bother you the most?
Anything that involves abusing the horse to perform better in shows (soring in TWH, rollkur in dressage, etc)

12. Favorite horse magazines to read, or do you just read blogs/online sites?
The only magazine I read is Practical Horseman, although I usually just read the jumping clinic...  I'm also on COTH.

 13. String along some thoughts that summarize your involvement of horses......
Obsessed, in my heart, in my blood, no money, fun, cuddly, everything to me, passion, jack of all trades except riding

 14. Do you ever look on Craigslist or Dreamhorse or Horseclicks.com for horses or tack? For fun or real?   
No.  Before I actually got into horses, I did, but not in a long time.  I've never actually shopped for a horse, and the thought of having money set aside to go buy a horse is pretty crazy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment