Friday, July 11, 2014

Baby deer

Got to the Old Man's barn yesterday to find they'd just caught a baby deer with a badly broken leg. While waiting for environmental conservation to come shoot her, the vet came and was like "oh, that can probably be rehabbed, they'll just amputate the leg."  So she called a vet she knows who does that on the side, and yep, just take off the leg and she can live happily ever after with some other three legged deer. 

Couple pictures before she left to go to rehab:




Yes, I got to spend part of my day holding the world's cutest baby deer. Vet figured she's only 2-3 weeks old. Poor little princess. 

Don't worry, I won't post any pictures of her leg.. It's pretty grotesque. Like, I was genuinely concerned I might pass out and/or throw up. And I'm pretty good with blood and guts and stuff. 

1 comment: