Friday, September 20, 2013

I want to punch Princess in the face.

Clinic next weekend.

This past Monday, mysteriously swollen leg.

Wednesday night, rewrapped his legs and it looked good.  Thursday morning, took the wraps off, good as new.  I put him in the indoor so he could get the sillies out, then put him outside...

Last night I stop by the barn on my way home, just to check on them.

His other bleeping leg is swollen!  Grrrrr!  I want to punch him!  (Except not really, don't call the SPCA on me.)

I called the vet, she'll try to stop by tonight and look at him.

Grrrrr.  I might have to ride The Mare a few times just in case Princess isn't ready for the clinic.  That'll be a hoot.  Good thing I decided to skip the show tomorrow, we'd've had to scratch anyway.


Also... Tuesday noonish, I got a couple texts and a call that my old guy was shaking and acting weird, so I ran out of work to check on him.  Grabbed my purse, said I had to go, and called my boss on the way to the car to let her know I had to go to the barn and could she go into the office to cover for me?  He had a fever, but once the banamine kicked in he was much more comfortable.  Vet came out Tuesday evening and he was bright and cheerful, and has continued to be just fine.  So apparently he just wanted to scare the living crap out of me

Vet and I were chatting Tuesday and she said she had to get going because it was the finals of America's Got Talent.  I haven't been watching, but she said there's this really funny comedian and I should watch because I'll like him.  Okay, sure.  So I watched.  Oh my gosh I love him.  Wednesday, as soon as the vet got to the barn, I'm like you were right, he's amazing.

Watch his audition.  And then watch his other appearances.  And then buy his album on iTunes. 

If you don't think he's funny... you're weird.  Then again, this is my favorite joke of all time:  Two penguins are sitting in a bathtub.  One says to the other "would you pass me the soap?"  The other one says "what do I look like, a typewriter?"

*uncontrollable laughter*

(If you're thinking ".....I don't get it", that's the point.  It makes absolutely no sense and it's hilarious.)

Sadly, he did not win.  He came in second.  I was *this close* to calling my vet at 11PM to complain about the huge injustice.

No comments:

Post a Comment