Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I'm hopeless. And exciting news!

I rode River on Monday.  (I know!!  What's wrong with me??)  He felt fine, but afterward I decided to longe him quick just to see how he looked.  I was like FML, he's moving short on his right front, I hate horses.

Tuesday morning I put him on the longe again and he looked the same.  Took video and texted it to my vet with a request to please shoot River and/or me.  She called me and was like "why should I shoot you, what's wrong with him?  He's fine."  So apparently if I think River is sound, that means he's lame; if I think he's lame, he's sound.

Rode him again last night and he was fine.  Fun idea:  If you want to freak out your mother, who already worries about you riding (especially after breaking a leg in a riding accident), call her before getting on your horse saying "I'm riding, if you don't hear from me in half an hour, call to make sure I'm alive."  (Normally I'd text the barn owner with a request to look for my lifeless body after X amount of time, but she wasn't home.)  He did spook once when a horse rattled his corner feeder suddenly, but we survived.

Now you might be wondering why I'm riding him.  After all, he's only been off since February, why the hurry to get him back in work?  Well....

I'm riding with Walter again next week!!!!!  Yay!!!  Lucky for me, the clinic got changed to a Thursday (my day off) and there was an opening.  Last time I rode my Old Man, but this time I really want to take River.  I have to check about trailering, but I'm sure we can make it work.  Thankfully Walter is very kind and won't be like "you're doing walk-trot and you've had this horse for HOW long?" while trying not to laugh.  Which, let's face it, is a pretty reasonable reaction.

I attempted to take a mounted selfie last night... this was the best attempt....
Poor Riv's eye looks like it's about to pop out of his skull.

So then we did an unmounted selfie.
Either his head is too big or my arm is too short.  Oh well.  We tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment