Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday, River! Saturday was Riv's birthday, he is 12 years old.

Alrighty, update time...

He's been on 10 pounds of Ultium a day for a few weeks now and he's slowly gaining. He's also on a round bale, so he gets lots and lots of food. He's out in a herd now, there are a total of 6 horses together. It's great because they all have their friends, but they don't get crazy attached like when it's only 2 or 3 together.

Because he's gaining, I decided to throw him on the longe the other day to see how he is. He was pretty frisky! I saw him canter for the first time! I had him go over an elevated pole a few times, which he did like a champ. Here are a few stills from a video:




Loooooove his trot!

And here's the video:


Here's a fun picture:

LOL! River didn't care at all, and Chicken stayed up there for a few minutes before fluttering down. Chicken comes running when she sees me because she knows I have grain. She's probably getting fat from eating River's food.

River with a couple members of his herd.


Yes, he's still having some hair loss.


Poor guy looks ridiculous.


The hair loss situation is progressing... the places he lost hair first are growing back, but new places are going freshly bald. But he is regrowing hair, so I'm not really worried about it. For now he just looks stupid.

He has a halo!


"Can I have more peppermints?"

You know how nice I am? I found a bag of individually wrapped peppermints and gave him a ton of them for his birthday, instead of candy canes. Because he likes the individually wrapped ones better. Silly boy.

Also, isn't his head really weirdly shaped?

1 comment:

  1. He is adorable. I can't wait to see him all shedded out and shiny this summer!

    ReplyDelete