Friday, June 22, 2012

Good news and bad news and bad news and good news

Good news:  River is sound (mostly)


You can see he takes a slightly weird step a couple times, but nothing I'm worried about... It'll take time for his heel cracks to grow out and get everything 100% stable.

Here's a still from the video:

Bad news:  He was feeling good enough to spook and buck me off.

Bad news:  Bucking me off was apparently too strenuous for him and he tweaked his hip.  So he was moving a little funny behind.  Pretty sure I have the only horse in the world who bucks off his rider and hurts himself.

Good news:  I'm fine.  Well, my butt is a little sore, but no big deal.  It was my first fall since my bad accident, so I was pretty happy to have a not-too-scary fall.  I got right back on and all ended well.

No comments:

Post a Comment