Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Victory!

I rode Princess yesterday!

There had been a few kids doing a Western showmanship lesson (I think that's what it was, I'm not a Western person at all) before I rode and they were still in the barn, so I was a wee bit nervous they might run by and spook him, but thankfully the kids were very well behaved and I did not die.  Nor did I even come close.

I wasn't even sure I'd be able to ride him... the only mounting block is a two-step.  Riv is 16.1, I have short legs (seriously, I have abnormally short legs.. finding tall boots is pretty much impossible), and I'm somewhat crippled.  Thankfully, River was a very good boy and stood quietly for me to mount and didn't put a foot wrong.  Well, he put his feet, shoulder, head, and hindquarters wrong (often all at the same time), but not in a naughty way.  We have lots and lots of work to do. 

I must admit, I am LOVING having my horses at a barn with an indoor 8 minutes from my house.  I forgot something at home yesterday, so I went home, got it, sat around for a few minutes, then went out to ride.

And as much as I love having my horses out 24/7, it is awfully convenient to go out in the evening to find my horse in a stall, tack up, and walk the 40 feet down the aisle to the indoor.  No more using bad weather as an excuse to not ride!

Oh, and I am now in possession of a pink longe whip!  Ha-HA!  Take that, River Mountain Rd!

Tonight's tentative plan:  tack up, put on surcingle over saddle, longe with new pink longe whip for a few minutes, take off surcingle, and ride.  Will this happen, in full or in part?  Your guess is as good as mine.  But hopefully.....

No comments:

Post a Comment