Friday, February 8, 2013

Oh dear...

Yikes it's been a long time since I posted.  Let's see..

1.  Last Friday I rode River for the first time in like 3 weeks.  It wasn't a very good ride, but that's to be expected.  Probably should ride him more frequently than almost never.. In my defense, it's been yucky and cold and I just haven't felt like riding.  I need to suck it up and just ride, but that will be a problem because....

2.  Took my car in for repairs yesterday.  Left my paddock boots and half chaps in the car.  Ooops.  Speaking of my car...

3.  Estimate from a shop that just took a quick look:  $1,100.  Estimate from the shop doing the work with a Geico adjuster on site:  $2,854.96.  Holy crap!!!!  Now I don't mind having to pay $500 for the repairs anymore...

4.  My dog is doing very well!  He got a bath yesterday because he was all gross and stinky.
Not.  Impressed.  He's a disgrace to Labrador Retrievers everywhere...

But now he gets to wear his pretty new collar!


5.  Super-awesome farrier was out yesterday.  Not only did Princess and The Mare get their feet done, I got a great lesson on recognizing crooked limbs and how to trim for said crooked limbs.  Yes, my horses are crooked legged.  But really, compared to The Mare, Princess' legs are pretty darn straight.  Of course, compared to an actually straight legged horse, they're crooked...  but oh well.  Princess ran 90 races on his wonky legs, he's fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment