Wednesday, March 19, 2014

All set for Cornell tomorrow

Appointment is made.

Coggins is back.

Truck and trailer will be hooked up soon if they haven't already and I'll get the keys tonight.

A friend is coming along for company/help/moral support.  (Friend who was the first one to ride Riv after I got him, if you're keeping track.  She's a second year vet student, so she's looking forward to it.)

I asked my vet about a few bits and pieces (put him in a slant stall or leave it open?  keep him on bute?  blanket for the ride?  wrap for the ride?  Answers:  stall, no bute, put on a sheet but bring a blanket just in case, yes to wraps).

I got Care Credit, which I will hopefully not need (or at least not need to use a lot of).

I'm hitting up everyone who owes me money and begging for payment.

I typed up a timeline of the whole lameness saga so I'm not trying to guess at dates. 

I made a checklist of what I need to bring... there are three headings:  Things for River, Paperwork Stuff, and Stuff for Me.  The aforementioned timeline is under Paperwork Stuff.

My vet is aware that I'll be calling tomorrow, so she'll be available.  BTW, my vet is so freaking amazing.  There are no words for how grateful I am to her.

I warned another friend that if I call her tomorrow late morning/early afternoon it's probably because there's bad news and I'll be hysterical.


Going to be a long long day tomorrow.  I, um, didn't sleep last night.  At all.  So right now, I've been awake for about 34 hours straight.  I doubt I'll get to bed before 11 tonight, then I have to be up around 5:30AM to do chores before picking up the truck and trailer and my friend, and then loading River (who I'm really really hoping isn't hurting so much that he'll be difficult about loading) and driving about 3 hours to Cornell.  Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll do one test and have the answer and it'll be something simple.  Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Sending positive thoughts to you and River!! Best of luck and hope for good news!

    ReplyDelete