Thursday, September 6, 2012

Figures.

Naturally, the day I decide to wear breeches is the day I don't have time to ride.

Was going to ride Striker... Ended up cleaning stalls instead.

Was going to ride Princess...  Ended up helping catch a loose Great Dane* and then making 4 trips with my mom's old Trailblazer to move all my jumps from the old barn to the new one.  Still have to get the jumps put away properly, but I wanted to get them moved before it was too late.

*Tuesday morning I was on my way to work when I spotted this enormous animal wandering in the road. Is it a deer, a bear?  No, it's a skin-and-bones Great Dane who recently had puppies. I tried approaching her, but the poor girl was afraid. She clearly wanted to be friendly, though. I called the sheriff dispatch and they sent out animal control. I left to go to work and called the shelter later to check on her, but they weren't able to catch her. I didn't see her Tuesday evening or wednesday morning. Wednesday evening, though, I saw her with animal control and a random person trying to get her. Hung around for a few minutes, left to get the aforementioned Trailblazer, and when I came back through the ACO had just caught her. I stopped to chat and say hi to the dog, who is just gorgeous and an absolute sweetie, even though she is horribly skinny and mangy and scared. The shelter will get her cleaned up, fattened up, and adopted out in no time. My guess is that someone bred her, sold the puppies, took her for a ride, and dumped her on the side of the road. Poor girl :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment