Monday, May 5, 2014

Improving!

I got brave and jogged Riv on Saturday..



Sorry, not great views...  the only place to jog him is in the aisle, so it's hard to get good video.  I don't dare take him outside or in the indoor.  I was going to walk him around the barn a bit, just for a change of scenery, but when we started down the short aisle to the indoor, he started rearing and getting nutty.  I already talked to my vet about tranqs for when he's able to start turnout again.

Good news, I don't think we'll have to go to Cornell for his follow up xrays!  My vet's xray is strong enough, but there's a clinic that should be able to do it... my vet called them about it, and they took some practice xrays on a horse to see if they could get the view, haha.  I don't know if I have to go there or if they can come to me, but even if I have to go there, it's 40 miles as opposed to 140 miles to Cornell.

Here's his cyst:


Really really hoping we're in the home stretch now!

Oh, speaking of the home stretch....  I was bored the other day and looking up stuff about Riv, and I found this article on Bloodhorse... back in 2005, River was helping one of his stablemates prep for the Kentucky Derby!

No comments:

Post a Comment