Thursday, October 11, 2012

We jumped again!!

See??!?!?!?!!












Sorry for the big chunk of dead space in the middle, youtube didn't seem to have a way to get rid of it.



Isn't he a good pony????  He cantered several times after the jump, but he wasn't stupid about it and he came back to the trot when I asked.

He was also REALLY good about relaxing and giving at the trot, though obviously it doesn't show in the jumping videos.  So so proud of the Princess!

Speaking of which....  funny story.  So I was at the barn and some people showed up.  I went out to get Riv and they were down by the paddocks looking at the horses.  A boy, maybe 8 or 10 years old, is talking to me, saying he rides, asking what horse I'm getting... very sweet kid.  I call for Princess and he comes over, I talk to him and the kid, and we head up to the barn to get tacked up.  Kid runs up to his dad and says "Dad, this is Princess!"  So I'm giggling to myself because the kid thinks Riv's name is actually Princess..  I clarified that he's really River, but I call him Princess because he's a wimp.

Bad news is, his pretty new halter isn't going to work.  His old halter was too big and rubbing the pointy bone above his eye, whatever that's called.  The new halter is too small and is rubbing the point of his cheekbone pretty badly.  Maybe his new name should be Goldilocks...  So pretty new halter will go to my baby instead, and maybe I'll just wrap the rubbing buckle on the big halter with fleece or something and call it good.

Really hoping to have time to ride tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Awww. I love that his first jump is pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to admit, if the pink standards hadn't been brought into the indoor, we wouldn't be jumping... I'm such a loser, lol.

      Delete