Monday, December 5, 2011

My justifications for getting River

1. He's bigger than any of my other horses and wears the same size clothes as my dearly departed gelding. Now those clothes won't go to waste! (Only problem with that is my other guy's color was blue and River is pink, but even I can't justify getting a whole new wardrobe for that reason. Not at all once, anyway...)

2. Name pattern. Every horse I've owned or cared about has has an "i" as the first vowel in their name: Chip, Striker, Irish, Riley, Wilson, Lily, now River. What are the odds? It was meant to be.

3. He has the same birthday as one of my sisters. Of course, said sister isn't a horse person and no one in my family knows about River, but...

4. It just worked. Lots of things could have gone wrong; if I wasn't meant to have him, I wouldn't have been able to.

I'm not actually a big believer in fate, but sometimes it's easier to trust it than think about what you're doing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a big believer in fate either but my guy was born on St.Patrick's Day, that was the thing that sealed the deal for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes things just work out! It may not be fate, but the coincidence is fun. Plus you can use it as an excuse--"it was meant to be, I couldn't help it!"

      Delete