Saturday, December 31, 2011

I think he raced with blinkers...

We tried longeing for the first time today. Oh em gee. Let me illustrate:

Shuttup, I never pretended to be artistic.

Going to the left, he figured it out pretty well and was more or less able to walk in circles around me. At one point I tried getting him to trot, but he wasn't interested in moving faster than an amble.

The right, however... oh dear. I had to give him a couple feet of line, stand at his hindquarters, with a hand on him to keep him moving and away from me. Next time: Long lining and a helper.

Here's a little video of our pathetic longeing. (Don't worry, I do have a pink saddle pad.)


The eaten out middle of the round bale makes a good grain bucket holder.


Big big day planned for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment