Monday, December 19, 2011

Why yes, my sanity is in question--the bigger question is, has it even not been?

I was looking at the Finger Lakes Trainer Listings today and checked out the sold horses to see what horses have recently gone home. Naturally, I had to look at River's listing... Call me a dork, but I got a little emotional and proud to look at his pictures and know that he is mine.

I'm also surprised to look at the pictures and see what he looks like without a serious case of the fuzzies and a generous mud coat. Did you know he has three white socks?? I'd completely forgotten!

Tomorrow's tentative vet appointment is canceled. His legs have been normal for several days now, so there's no point having the vet out after the problem is gone. I wouldn't mind having him out, but I'm sure he has better things to do than look at a horse who has nothing wrong with him (other than being owned by a crazy person, that is). My poor vet, it's only a matter of time before he blocks my number. They must think I'm completely bonkers... "Well, I have an appointment tomorrow, but his legs have been okay for a few days now so I don't think he needs it, but I wouldn't mind if you want to look at him but if it'll be an inconvenience to come out we can cancel but if it would be an inconvenience to cancel I'm happy to keep the appointment, whatever you'd prefer."

At least I know I'm a bubble off plumb and try to rein it in.

Well. Setting questions about my sanity aside, let's focus on what matters: River's healthy legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment